Saturday, July 9, 2016


 
Jeanette Cole, Secretary of The Write Scene (Scenic City Writers Group)

Hi, I am Jeanette Cole. I have been married 21 years to James Cole and we have two children. I recently wrote a book titled Depression: State of Mind. It's all about my testimony of overcoming depression. After a life-long battle of this mindset control of the enemy, I finally agreed to let God show me how to become whole. Making that decision brought attack after attack, but with each battle, I became stronger and stronger. God showed me how my attitude, speech, thoughts, words, and actions were keeping me bound. When the Word of God hit my spirit, it was life changing.  
Revelation 12:11 says that we are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. We must all be doers of the Word. It doesn’t help us, or those around us, if we are hearers only.

I never realized I had the gift of writing. After taking classes at Cleveland State Community College a few years ago, I found that I love every aspect of it. I love the research and the editing -the entire process. My Comp II instructor gave me a huge shout-out on several papers that I wrote in class so I decided to try writing a book. That is a totally different process, but it is very fulfilling. I am currently writing my second book and have ideas for several others. I just have to find the time to sit down and write them. That, I think, is the hardest part...finding the time.

*Proud member of the Chattanooga Writers Guild

No comments:

Post a Comment